I use to travel a lot with my friend Jason Fulford. On one of our trips, he started writing a list of 5 things from each day. I can’t remember exactly what the theme of these lists were, pretty sure it was just anything from the day. Most likely positive or funny things that happened that day. I started doing it as well and had a lot of fun recounting the day. So, why not do it now and then? Starting now…
1. Hanging out with Niles drinking coffee, eating at a great new spot and talking film for a couple of hours. He’s equally obsessed with the 40′s in Los Angeles. That makes me excited for future projects with him! We also talked about a future photo show in LA that he would like me to be a part of. That makes me happy! whoop whoop.
2. Lots of Three Records #2 lists coming in! So fun to read everyone’s records.
3. Jimi Hendrix look-a-like in the 99 cents store. He is still kind of blowing my mind.
4. Walking around LA today with my headphones on, with the volume up REALLY loud. I love the feeling of walking and listening to music. Puts you in another world and man, shit sounds sooooo much better in the headphones. Maybe I need to get one of those big fancy pairs that look like ear muffs. I can only imagine how good that sounds. Not to mention, it drowns out all the shitty comments dudes think it’s ok to say. I see their lips moving but nothing’s coming out! Only music. I love walking around town and listening to music. Did I say that? Yeah.
5. Tonight, making a huge pot of potato/leek soup and watching WAL-E. Cute movie. Great soup. I like the simple things in life.